372 Persian Proverbs.
1. "That smells bad," said the cat about meat that it cannot reach.
2. A bad wound heals, but a bad word doesn't.
3. A beggar will always be a beggar even if they give him the whole world as a gift.
4. A blind man who sees is better than a sighted man who is blind.
5. A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.
6. A broken hand works, but not a broken heart.
7. A broken sleeve holdeth the arm back.
8. A camel does not drink with a spoon.
9. A child is a bridge to heaven.
10. A coquettish woman is like a shadow -- as you chase her she runs away, and if you run away, she chases after you.
11. A dog by your side is better than a brother miles away.
12. A friend is a poem.
13. A friend is like a poem.
14. A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a single hair.
15. A greedy man is always poor.
16. A hungry person dreams of sangak bread.
17. A man can pose as a wise when searching for wisdom, but if he believes to have find it, is a fool.
18. A man without a child is a king without sorrows.
19. A man without passion is no son of Adam.
20. A man's servant can live for a hundred years; the slave of a woman dies in six months.