69 Proverbs about Arms / Page 3
41. One man's beard is on fire, and another man warms his hands on it.
42. Arms are of little service abroad unless directed by the wisdom of counsellors at home.
43. Know you not that kings have long arms?
44. Whom a serpent has bitten, a lizard alarms.
45. A lord without riches is a soldier without arms.
46. He that fights with silver arms is sure to overcome.
47. Wise men learn by other men's harms; fools, by their own.
48. A fat woman warms even the coldest the night.
49. A man finds many faults in a woman when he wants to divorce, and finds many charms in one's fianc6e.
50. It is not the fire in the fireplace which warms the house, but the couple who get along well.
51. Love truth even if it harms you, and hate lies even if they serve you.
52. Kif is like fire; a little warms, a great deal burns.
53. Better a little fire that warms, nor a meikle that burns.
54. Quhen friends meets, hearts warms.
55. One man's beard is on fire, and another man warms his hands on it.
56. God gives nothing to those who keep their arms crossed.
57. He who wants to have arms and necessities can take them himself.
58. Force of arms is useless against death.
59. Justice and fire, keep them at arms length.
60. Swarms in March make good honey.
Quotes related to Arms by Power Quotations