440 Proverbs about Bird / Page 3
41. God knows why he has made the wings of some birds shorter.
42. Slowly but surely, the bird builds its nest.
43. Better one bird in the hand than ten in the sky.
44. A bird never flew so high but it had to come to the ground for food.
45. Cats don't catch the old birds.
46. One beats the bush, and another catches the bird.
47. Birds of a feather flock together.
48. Fine feathers make fine birds.
49. Better a bird in the hand than ten in the air.
50. Better afield with the birds than hanging on lords.
51. Better when birds sing than where irons ring.
52. By slow degrees the bird builds his nest.
53. Every bird sings as it is beaked.
54. Every shot does not bring down a bird.
55. God gives birds their food, but they must fly for it.
56. Old birds are not caught with cats.
57. One bird in the hand is better than two flying.
58. 'Tis a fat bird that bastes itself.
59. Where the bird was hatched it haunts.
60. The gravest fish is an oyster; the gravest bird's an ool; the gravest beast's an ass; and the gravest man's a fool.
Quotes related to Bird by Power Quotations