139 Proverbs about Book / Page 2
21. A book tightly shut is but a block of paper.
22. A book holds a house of gold.
23. A man is happy when he has books, but happier still when he does not need them.
24. A single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books.
25. If your books are not read, your descendants will be ignorant.
26. It is better to be without a book than to believe it entirely.
27. When you have read a book for the first time, you get to know a friend; read it for a second time and you meet an old friend.
28. Books speak to the mind, friends to the heart, heaven to the soul, all else to the ears.
29. A load of books does not equal one good teacher.
30. To open a book brings profit.
31. Any book you open will benefit your mind.
32. Diligence is the vehicle on the paths of Mountains of Books; endurance is the vessel on the courses of the Seas of Learning.
33. God deliver me from a man of one book.
34. A great book is a great evil.
35. Arms, women, and books should be looked at daily.
36. He is a man as a book.
37. Teachers die, but books live on.
38. Your belly is not a book.
39. Set that down on the back side of your count-book.
40. In a good book the best is between the lines.
Quotes related to Book by Power Quotations