157 Proverbs about Ground / Page 2
21. Between two stools the breech comes to the ground.
22. Between two stools you come to the ground.
23. I wish that he would sink as deep in the ground as a hare can run in ten years.
24. Big in the words, small on the ground.
25. A degenerate nobleman is like a turnip. There is nothing good of him but that which is underground.
26. He who has been bitten by a snake is scared of a rope on the ground.
27. A bird that flies from the ground onto an anthill, does not know that it is still on the ground.
28. However hard a thing is thrown into the air, it always falls to the ground.
29. Man is like pepper -- you only know him when you've ground him.
30. Marriage is like a groundnut, you have to crack it to see what is inside.
31. If you fail to take away a strong man's sword when he is on the ground, will you do it when he gets up?
32. A mouse that removes the palm-nut that turns out to be the bait of a trap, would already have known that the palm-nut does not ripen on the ground.
33. A spacious ground is the right place to demonstrate one's skill in wrestling.
34. If the load is too heavy for someone to carry, one would be better off to give the load to the ground to carry.
35. A bush fowls' playground is never appreciably spacious.
36. When the earth is hot, the worm stays in the ground.
37. I don't sow ground nuts when the monkey is watching.
38. The lizard that jumped from the high iroko tree to the ground said he would praise himself if no one else did.
39. The corpse of a bird does not decompose in flight, but on the ground.
40. A bird that flies off the earth and lands on an anthill is still on the ground.
Quotes related to Ground by Power Quotations