495 Proverbs about Ones / Page 3
41. Solitude is enjoyed only when one is at peace with oneself.
42. Good deeds never leave home, bad ones echo a thousand miles.
43. The one who removed the mountain was the one who began carrying away stones.
44. Ones who are unable to live under the same sky.
45. The little pot is soonest hot.
46. One's own meat dishes are not as delicious as other's vegetarian ones.
47. Pass oneself off as one of the Yu pipe players in an ensemble.
48. Strong souls have willpower, weak ones only desires.
49. The people sitting in the free theater seats are the first ones to boo.
50. The people who talk the best are not the only ones who can tell you the most interesting things.
51. Don't waste too many stones on one bird.
52. For the sake of one good action, a hundred evil ones should be forgotten.
53. Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes.
54. Large demands on oneself and little demands on others keep resentment at bay.
55. O eggs, never fight with stones.
56. Slander cannot destroy an honest man: when the flood recedes the rock is there.
57. Small ills are the fountains of most of our groans. Men trip not on mountains, they stumble on stones.
58. The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
59. To persecute the unfortunate is like throwing stones on one fallen into a well.
60. You buy land, you buy stones; you buy meat, you buy bones.
Quotes related to Ones by Power Quotations