240 Proverbs about River / Page 2
21. Rivers and mountains may change; human nature, never.
22. You must have crossed the river before you may tell the crocodile he has bad breath.
23. Enough shovels of earth -- a mountain. Enough pails of water -- a river.
24. It is no good going to the river just wanting to catch a fish; you have to take a net as well.
25. Quiet rivers have flowery banks.
26. Though all rivers flow into it, the sea never overflows.
27. All rivers do their best for the sea.
28. The ass and the driver never think alike.
29. Many small brooks will form a big river.
30. Although shrimps may dance around, they do not leave the river.
31. Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout.
32. An unjust king is like a river without water.
33. If a dog offers to help you across the river, don't ask if he is suffering from the mange.
34. If man be a river, then woman will be a bridge.
35. Throw him into the river and he will come up with a fish in his mouth.
36. A man who lives on the bank of a river does not use spittle to wash his hands.
37. Every river knows where its water would not be soaked up into the earth, and that is where it flows past.
38. The river may dry up but she keeps her name.
39. The crocodile drinks from the same river as the centipede.
40. Those who have one foot in the canoe, and one foot in the boat are going to fall into the river.
Quotes related to River by Power Quotations