143 Proverbs about Snake / Page 2
21. A man's greed is like a snake that wants to swallow an elephant.
22. Mistaking the reflection of a bow in a cup for a snake.
23. Once bitten by a snake, one is scared all his life at the mere sight of a rope.
24. Stir the grass and alert the snake.
25. A tiger's head and a snake's tail.
26. A kind word can attract even the snake from his nest.
27. He who has been bitten by a snake is scared of a rope on the ground.
28. If a rich man ate a snake, they would say it was because of his wisdom; if a poor man ate it, they would say it was because of his stupidity.
29. If you want to kill a snake, chop off its head.
30. Although the snake does not fly it has caught the bird whose home is in the sky.
31. A snake which escapes fills a basket.
32. There is nothing so eloquent as the rattlesnake's tail.
33. The venemous snake cannot be seen in the Savannah.
34. The mouse says: I dig a hole without a hoe; the snake says: climb a tree without arms.
35. A man does not run among thorns for no reason; either he is chasing a snake or a snake is chasing him.
36. He who takes a light to find a snake should start at his own feet.
37. Marriage is a snake to slip into your handbag.
38. When the snake is in the house, one need not discuss the matter at length.
39. A weapon which you don't have in your hand won't kill a snake.
40. A weapon that you don't have in your hand will not kill a snake. Looking for something can get in the way of finding it.
Quotes related to Snake by Power Quotations