457 Proverbs about Work / Page 3
41. The great scholar forgets about fame, the average scholar works for it, and the unworthy scholar steals it.
42. Urge people to work, not to eat.
43. A bad workman blames his tools.
44. The way one eats is the way one works.
45. There are no cakes without work.
46. The workman is known by his work.
47. Many hands make light work.
48. A plough that worketh, shines; but still water stinks.
49. Cream doesn't rise to the top, it works its way up.
50. He that has the devil on his neck must find him work.
51. The workman is worthy of his hire.
52. Much talk, little work.
53. When hard work goes out of the door, poverty comes in at the window.
54. With hard work, you can get fire out of a stone.
55. Better sit idle than work for nought.
56. Corn him well he'll work the better.
57. Every man does his work after his own fashion.
58. Paid work progresses slowly.
59. A hardworking man is better than a crowd of loafers.
60. When the businessmen sleep, the ad works.
Quotes related to Work by Power Quotations