231 Afghan Proverbs / Page 11
201. Unfortunates learn from their own mistakes, and the lucky ones learn from other's mistakes.
202. Unless God does it, what can a doctor do?
203. Vinegar that is free, is sweeter than honey.
204. Walls have mice and mice have ears.
205. Walls have mice, mice [have] ears.
206. Wealth belongs to the person who enjoys it and not to the one who keeps it.
207. What my heart desired didn't happen; what God wanted was really done.
208. What you see in yourself is what you see in the world.
209. What you sow, shall you reap.
210. What you spend, you have.
211. What's a trumpeter's job? To blow.
212. Whatever you sow, you reap.
213. When an ant says 'ocean', he's talking about a puddle.
214. When God gives, He doesn't ask whose son a person is.
215. When the hen gets fat, she stops lying.
216. When the tiger kills, the jackal profits.
217. When the wine is free even the judge drinks it.
218. When water goes over your head, what difference if it's one fathom or a hundred fathoms.
219. When you enjoy loving your neighbor, it ceases to be a virtue.
220. Where the heart would go, there follows the foot.