58 African Proverbs about BetterAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Better
1. Seeing is better than hearing.
2. There is no better mirror than a best friend.
3. An egg today is better than a chicken tomorrow.
4. Between imitation and envy, imitation is better.
5. If you are too smart to pay the doctor, you had better be too smart to get ill.
6. To trouble me is better than to forget me.
7. Whatever accomplishment you boast of in the world, there is someone better than you.
8. It is better to blush than to keep the concern in your heart.
9. One volunteer is better than ten forced men.
10. The radiant and well-understood speech of one person is better than the speech of a thousand people that is not.
11. Wearing a mended dress is better than being naked.
12. It is better to be kind to our neighbors than to cross the world to offer incense to our ancestors.
13. During the dry season it is better to befriend the owner of the pirogue.
14. A fatherless boy is no better than unburied seed.
15. A friend who fawns is better than an enemy who smiles.
16. A good name is better than wealth.
17. A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.
18. Better a calamity to be far away.
19. Better give birth to a sweating baby than a laughing one.
20. Better stay with the devil you know than an angel you don't know.
Proverbs about Better
Quotes related to Better by Power Quotations