19 African Proverbs about EyesAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Eyes
1. A stranger has big eyes but sees nothing.
2. A blind person knows his environment more than a visitor with eyes.
3. A child who is fearless is going to bring tears to his mother's eyes.
4. An elder uses old eyes to see and so the young use young eyes.
5. Don't laugh at the nakedness of our ancestors because before their eyes we're all naked for our spirits belong to them.
6. Don't look into the eyes of your lover, or you will see what he has told many women before.
7. Even if you close your eyes while looking in the mirror the image remains yours.
8. Every frog is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother.
9. If you close your eyes because of the bad people around you, you will not see the good people passing by.
10. If you close your eyes to facts, you will learn through accidents.
11. If you get annoyed of what you see, you blame your eyes.
12. If you want to eat a monkey, don't look in its eyes.
13. It is in the eyes of a lazy man that maize will ripen.
14. The bird is up in the sky but its eyes are on the ground.
15. The eyes that beheld the chief don't fear for a court official.
16. The eyes that have seen the ocean cannot be satisfied by a mere lagoon.
17. The smoke caused by meat which is roasted does not cause pain in the eyes of a hungry person.
18. The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes didn't have tears.
19. Too much happiness brings tears in our eyes.
Proverbs about Eyes
Quotes related to Eyes by Power Quotations