20 African Proverbs about FatherAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Father
1. If you know his father and grandfather, don't worry about his son.
2. The wise man is father of the fool.
3. A child can play with its mother's breasts, but not its father's testicles.
4. A child doesn't belong to the father or mother; a child belongs to the ancestors.
5. A father never resembles his son, it's the son that resembles the father.
6. A father voodoos with his son and a mother voodoos with her daughter.
7. A fatherless boy is no better than unburied seed.
8. A leopard is such an elusive animal that it can only be caught by the combined force of a man and his father-in-law.
9. A man never grows up until his father dies.
10. An immoral father-in-law cannot advise his children well.
11. Don't move an ancient boundary stone or encroach on the fields of the fatherless.
12. Give a stammerer enough time and he will pronounce his father's name.
13. If she can't dig or cook send her back to her father.
14. If two brothers fight over their father's land, it is a stranger who will enjoy there sweat and labour.
15. If you have a poor father that is destiny; if you have a poor father-in-law, that is your mistake.
16. It takes a breast for a child to know it's mother and it takes a mother for a child to know its father.
17. Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan.
18. You could destroy everything I have believed in and your father before you and his father before you.
19. Your mother is the bodyguard of your father.
20. The son shoots a leopard; the father is proud.
Proverbs about Father
Quotes related to Father by Power Quotations