19 African Proverbs about HoldAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Hold
1. If you want to lean on a tree, first make sure it can hold you.
2. A needle cannot hold two threads or a mind two thoughts.
3. A small house will hold a hundred friends.
4. When the hunter returns and is holding mushrooms, don't ask him about how his hunt went.
5. Hold a true friend with both hands.
6. A man has to hold his mouth open a long time before a roasted partridge flies into it.
7. A woman who runs holding her breast has got nothing pursuing her.
8. Get hold of the little you have as you struggle for more quantity or quality.
9. He who cannot rest, cannot work; he who cannot let go, cannot hold on; he who cannot find footing, cannot go forward.
10. He who holds somebody on the ground is holding himself too.
11. If you can't hold children in your arms, please hold them in your heart.
12. If you're holding someone you can drop him and move on.
13. It is a surprise that the cock should hold a grudge against the pot, instead of the knife that killed it.
14. It is when one holds the sacrificial lamb that he begins to seek the gods.
15. Love is like cough you can't hold it back.
16. The cock belongs to one household, but when it crows it is heard in the whole village.
17. The mind of a fool is like a broken pot it will hold no wisdom.
18. The tongue weighs practically nothing, but so few people can hold it.
19. You don't give someone a goat for a gift and still hold on to the rope.
Proverbs about Hold
Quotes related to Hold by Power Quotations