18 African Proverbs about LandAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Land
1. The predator lands on an unknown tree.
2. When weeds invade the land, it means the owner is absent.
3. If you want to clean the land secretly, the noise of the axe will give you away.
4. Where water is the boss, there must the land obey.
5. The land is never devoid of counselors.
6. A bird that flies off the earth and lands on an anthill is still on the ground.
7. When a new saying gets to the land of empty men they lose their heads over it.
8. A bird may fly off the earth and land on an anthill, but it will still be on the ground.
9. A man gets to the land of spirits when he passes seven rivers, seven forests and seven hills.
10. Even if you remain an island you must still be friendly to the sea.
11. He who reminds you or corrects you is better than he who slanders you.
12. If two brothers fight over their father's land, it is a stranger who will enjoy there sweat and labour.
13. In a strange land one should always move near one's kinsmen.
14. It is unwise for one to think that a hen will ever be accorded respect in the land of the hawks.
15. Take what you need and leave our land the way you found it.
16. Those who part from there homeland part with there all life.
17. When you're a stranger in a land, if good comes to it may you have you share and if bad comes let it go to the owners of the land who know what gods should be appeased.
18. One is born, one dies; the land increases.
Proverbs about Land
Quotes related to Land by Power Quotations