34 African Proverbs about LiveAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Live
1. When you live next to the cemetery, you cannot weep for everyone.
2. A parasite cannot live alone.
3. Goats cannot live in a herd of leopards.
4. Live patiently in the world; know that those who hate you are more numerous than those who love you.
5. The earth is a beehive; we all enter by the same door but live in different cells.
6. Work is good, as long as you don't forget to live.
7. A man who lives on the banks of the Niger should not wash his hands with spittle.
8. A child doesn't breast-feed from a stepmother if its mother is still alive.
9. A cowardly hyena lives longer.
10. A fish will not live out of water but will prefer air to hot water.
11. A man should live to prove himself worth of his own flesh and blood.
12. A man who lives on the banks of the river should not wash his hands with spittle.
13. A woman who delivers a baby in the market square has nothing to hide.
14. Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
15. As long as a cock lives, it is said to have belonged to the child of the house; but when it is slaughtered for super, it is then that the real owner emerges.
16. Bones and flesh of the martyrs lie buried in earth, but their revolutionary spirit and single-hearted fidelity remain alive.
17. If all snakes live together in one place who would approach them.
18. If you choose to make friendship with a pig you must be prepared to live in the mad.
19. If you live by the river you can hear the crab cough.
20. If you live in a glasshouse you should not throw stones.
Proverbs about Live
Quotes related to Live by Power Quotations