20 African Proverbs about OnceAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Once
1. God conceals himself from the mind of man, but reveals himself to his heart.
2. Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die.
3. The quarrel of the sheep doesn't concern the goats.
4. It is better to blush than to keep the concern in your heart.
5. A boy may cry; but a man as to conceal his pain.
6. A good leader was once a good follower.
7. A guard dog cannot watch two homes at once.
8. A palm wine taper does not stop tapping palm wine because he once fell from the top of a palm wine tree.
9. A person's cleverness is not shown by how many words he utters at once but how he utters them.
10. Every old man was once a young man but not every young man will become an old man.
11. If a dog bites you once it's his fault, but if it bites you again it's your fault.
12. It is odd for a dog to look unconcerned when a sheep is barking at a stranger.
13. No matter how big a child is, he cannot deny that he was once carried on the back of a woman.
14. Once bitten by a snake you feel suspicious even when you see a piece of rope.
15. Once the teeth are together they can crack the bone.
16. Once you've started a competition, you must carry it to the finish.
17. The cocks that cockadoodle were once eggs.
18. When a man cheats on you once, shame on him, when he cheats on you twice, shame on you.
19. Where rain has ever been trapped before when it rains again it will get trapped once again.
20. You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.
Proverbs about Once
Quotes related to Once by Power Quotations