53 African Proverbs about SelfAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Self
1. Do not try to fight a lion if you are not one yourself.
2. God conceals himself from the mind of man, but reveals himself to his heart.
3. A barber does not shave himself.
4. A reflection does not see itself.
5. He who is too sure of himself and acts without thinking is heading for his downfall.
6. Let a wrong-doing repeat itself at least three times: the first may be an accident, the second a mistake, but the third is likely to be intentional.
7. The fuel in the lamp consumes itself but lights others.
8. The lizard that jumped from the high iroko tree to the ground said he would praise himself if no one else did.
9. Thorns themselves will not harm you -- you hurt yourself on the thorns.
10. What lowers itself is ready to fall.
11. Without human companions, paradise itself would be an undesirable place.
12. A mad dog bites anything except itself.
13. Heal yourself first before you heal others.
14. Respect yourself, and you will get it back.
15. The person who guards himself will not be destroyed.
16. Book stands by itself and experience stands by itself.
17. A bird that prays for rain will find its self soaked.
18. A butterfly thinks itself a bird because it can fly.
19. A good day shows itself early in the morning.
20. A lazy chick that exposes itself will be a delicious meal for the eagle.
Proverbs about Self
Quotes related to Self by Power Quotations