24 African Proverbs about SmallAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Small
1. The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks.
2. In the great river there are large and small fish.
3. Even the small leopard is called leopard.
4. A small axe is not sufficient to cut down a large tree.
5. A small house will hold a hundred friends.
6. Small matters breed important ones.
7. The smaller the lizard the greater the hope of becoming a crocodile.
8. A small shrub may grow into a tree.
9. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito.
10. A kola nut is small, but it is more important that it goes round to each person and not that it fills the stomach.
11. If you don't mend up a small crack on the wall you end up building the entire wall.
12. If you think you're too small to be noticed go and sleep in a room which is full of mosquitoes.
13. It is not right to ask a man with elephantiasis of the scrotum to take on small pox as well, when thousands of other people have not had even their share of small diseases.
14. It's not the monkey on top that make a tree fall but it's the work and effort of numerous small insects and ants.
15. No matter how small a pin can be a hen cannot swallow it.
16. The person who is coming from the bowels of the earth doesn't despise even the smallest amount of sunshine.
17. The white ant is small but it creates the great anthill.
18. Those who think there too big to do little things are perhaps to small to do big things.
19. Villages that posses culture will never perish even though they may be small.
20. What you may call small another will call it big.
Proverbs about Small
Quotes related to Small by Power Quotations