22 African Proverbs about SureAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Sure
1. If you want to lean on a tree, first make sure it can hold you.
2. Before you buy shoes, measure your feet.
3. Clouds do not always mean rain, but smoke is a sure sign of fire.
4. He who is too sure of himself and acts without thinking is heading for his downfall.
5. If you have escaped the jaws of the crocodile while bathing in the river, you will surely meet a leopard on the way.
6. Sorrow is like a precious treasure, shown only to friends.
7. No matter how long the night is, the morning is sure to come.
8. No matter how long the night is, the morning is sure to come.
9. Be careful of the words you say each day, make sure each is nice and sweet, because may be in the days ahead, there will be some you'll have to eat.
10. He that fought the lion must surely have the lion's claws in his body.
11. He who chews two bones at the same time will surely bite his tongue.
12. If wisdom is measured by the size of the beard then the goat is a philosopher king.
13. If you don't eat mangos that fall on the ground, be sure to be strong enough to pick ones on the tree.
14. If you waste time, surely time will waste you.
15. If your husband has many wives, the only sure way for him into you're the bedroom is through a delicious meal.
16. The best preparation for tomorrow is to make sure today's work is superbly done.
17. Train a child the way he should go and make sure you also go the same way.
18. What is sweet in a fools mouth will surely finish is money.
19. Whoever rides on the lion's back must surely end up in the lion's stomach.
20. You can't measure a snake until it's dead.
Proverbs about Sure
Quotes related to Sure by Power Quotations