74 African Proverbs about ThingAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Thing
1. A fool may chance to put something into a wise man's head.
2. A stranger has big eyes but sees nothing.
3. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for something.
4. "Come and I'll tell you something," tickles the ear.
5. A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything.
6. Good things sell themselves; those that are bad have to be advertised.
7. If you have escaped the jaws of the crocodile while bathing in the river, you will surely meet a leopard on the way.
8. Nothing wipes your tears away but your own hand.
9. Only what you have eaten is yours; other things may not be.
10. That which is exceptionally good is a forerunner of something bad.
11. The very fact that we are looking for something usually stands in the way of our finding it.
12. There are three things that a man must know to survive in this world: what is too much for him, what is too little, and what is just right.
13. When deeds speak, words are nothing.
14. A mad dog bites anything except itself.
15. A weapon that you don't have in your hand will not kill a snake. Looking for something can get in the way of finding it.
16. Do something at its right time, and peace will accompany it.
17. If you are building something and a nail breaks, should you stop building altogether, or should you change the nail?
18. Knowledge is not the main thing, but deeds.
19. If you see wrongdoing or evil and say nothing against it, you become its victim.
20. Shall we kill a snake and carry it in our hand when we have a bag for putting long things in?
Proverbs about Thing
Quotes related to Thing by Power Quotations