13 African Proverbs about TongueAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Tongue
1. A cutting word is worse than a bowstring, a cut may heal, but the cut of the tongue does not.
2. If you have five wives, then you have five tongues.
3. An insolent tongue is a bad weapon.
4. Be aware of a man with a sweet tongue he can lead you to buying bad meat.
5. Better to bit your tongue than biting your words.
6. He who chews two bones at the same time will surely bite his tongue.
7. If you want to know how long a man's tongue is, let him use his mouth to lick honey from a plate.
8. It's not the aroma of the soup that tells you whether it's sweet or not, but it's the tongue's taste.
9. The tongue can be so sweet but when the hands are too tough.
10. The tongue is not statically smooth.
11. The tongue weighs practically nothing, but so few people can hold it.
12. There is no venom like that of the tongue.
13. What is in a heart of a sober man is on the tongue of a drunkard.
Proverbs about Tongue
Quotes related to Tongue by Power Quotations