41 African Proverbs about WantAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Want
1. Send a boy where he wants to go and you see his best pace.
2. If you want to lean on a tree, first make sure it can hold you.
3. The toad that wanted to avoid the rain fell in the water.
4. If you want to clean the land secretly, the noise of the axe will give you away.
5. If you want to know how the true story goes, wait till the arguments start.
6. The child hates the one who gives him all he wants.
7. If you want to eat a toad, you should look for a fat and juicy one.
8. A friend is one who knows every thing about you and still wants to be your friend.
9. A leader is he who tells his people what they must hear, not what they want to hear.
10. A person who wants to see is people progress must first set to look into their tradition.
11. A woman who wants a child doesn't sleep in her clothes.
12. Every time you have something good there is someone who wants you to throw it so as they can pick it.
13. He who wants authority should never be a visitor.
14. He who wants to plant corns must make peace with the monkeys.
15. He who wants to take much dies before going to the in-laws for introduction.
16. If a cat wants to look after your fish don't believe him.
17. If there is something one really wants to achieve, one is willing to go an extra mile and overcome the difficulties to achieve it.
18. If you don't want a tail of a monkey to touch you then don't attend the monkey dance.
19. If you want a better tomorrow do good today.
20. If you want people to understand you, you speak their language.
Proverbs about Want
Quotes related to Want by Power Quotations