22 African Proverbs about YoursAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Yours
1. Do not try to fight a lion if you are not one yourself.
2. Only what you have eaten is yours; other things may not be.
3. Thorns themselves will not harm you -- you hurt yourself on the thorns.
4. Heal yourself first before you heal others.
5. Respect yourself, and you will get it back.
6. A nice place is never yours.
7. Don't respond to a mosquito bit with a stone because you will miss it and hunt yourself.
8. Don't water your friend's garden when yours is full of weeds.
9. Even if you close your eyes while looking in the mirror the image remains yours.
10. Happiness is like a perfume, you cannot pour it all on others without allowing a few drops to fall on yourself.
11. If you knock your head against a wall, then a coconut tree and pillar and your head still remains undamaged my child, go and hide that head of yours; it is a good head.
12. If you are not an animal you will never find yourself in a trap.
13. If you run too fast you bypass a safe place you would have hidden yourself.
14. If you were in a place you take care of it has if it where yours.
15. It is childish to remain in a hole when you can take yourself out.
16. It's better to know yourself that someone to tell you who you're.
17. To be able to love other people you must be able to love yourself.
18. To handle yourself use your head to handle others use your heart.
19. True love means what's mine is yours.
20. You ask for the ancestors' help and then help yourself.
Proverbs about Yours
Quotes related to Yours by Power Quotations