48 Albanian Proverbs / Page 2
21. In nature, there is no such thing as a lawn.
22. In the eyes of the mouse the cat is a lion.
23. In times of need a pig is called uncle.
24. It is easy to cut the tail of a dead wolf.
25. Love is sometimes difficult but death even more so.
26. More lambs than sheep are slaughtered.
27. One eats figs whilst the other pays.
28. Patience is the key to paradise.
29. Sharp acids corrode their own containers.
30. She fries in her own grease.
31. Stroke the dog and he will mark you with his dirty paws.
32. The cat is a lion to the mouse.
33. The fox will catch you with cunning, and the wolf with courage.
34. The man who has eaten enough will never believe a hungry one.
35. The monk gets married to please his friend.
36. The stomach has no windows.
37. The sun at home warms better than the sun elsewhere.
38. The wolf loves the fog.
39. There was anguish before there was man.
40. Those who know how to praise also know how to lie.