19 American Proverbs about DownAll American Proverbs | Proverbs about Down
1. Stand up, cent, let the dollar sit down.
2. Great trees keep little ones down.
3. If you cut down the trees you will find the wolf.
4. The world is a ladder for some to go up and others down.
5. Those above are going down, those below are going up.
6. If three people tell you that you are drunk, you better lie down.
7. Matches may be made in heaven, but they are sold down here.
8. Caution is the downfall to ambition.
9. Never drop the friends you made on the way up. You may need them on the way down.
10. Don't kick a dog when he is down.
11. Don't start economizing when you are down to your last dollar.
12. He who lies down with dogs will rise with fleas.
13. It's easier to go down than up.
14. Love your neighbour, but do not pull down the fence.
15. One drink can lead to one's downfall.
16. The downward road is easy.
17. When a man is down, everyone runs over him.
18. You can't blame a dentist for looking down at the mouth.
19. You can't hold another fellow down in the ditch unless you stay down there with him.
Proverbs about Down
Quotes related to Down by Power Quotations