17 American Proverbs about OnceAll American Proverbs | Proverbs about Once
1. A man can die just once.
2. Christmas comes, but once a year is enough.
3. Honesty is like an icicle; if once it melts that is the end of it.
4. If you can't ride two horses at once, you shouldn't be in the circus.
5. Once bitten, twice shy.
6. Fooled once shame on you, fooled twice shame on me.
7. Sin concealed needs two forgivings.
8. All things were once impossible.
9. Better once in heaven than ten times at the gate.
10. Candour once went further boldly and in smiles, but it crept home in tatters and tears.
11. Conceit is the self satisfaction of a jackass.
12. If someone betrays you once, it is his fault. If he betrays you twice, it is your fault.
13. It is better to ask twice than to go wrong once.
14. Measure twice before you cut once.
15. Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction.
16. The cow has forgotten she was once a calf.
17. You can fool an old horse once but you can't fool him twice.
Proverbs about Once
Quotes related to Once by Power Quotations