110 Asian-Indian Proverbs / Page 6
101. When the mother dies the father becomes an uncle.
102. Where there is no honey, we have to make do with treacle.
103. Where there is sunshine, there is also shade.
104. Who is the happiest person in the world? An unfaithful husband.
105. Whose stick, his buffalo.
106. Why would a man without a bow look for arrows?
107. Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day.
108. You can buy everything, except a father and a mother.
109. You cannot cook one half of the chicken and leave the other lay eggs.
110. You sometimes forget the harm that was done to you, but never the harm you have done to others.