73 Bantu Proverbs / Page 4
61. What makes the drum pleasing is the song.
62. What nature gives us is not refused.
63. What one won't eat by itself, one will eat when mixed with other food.
64. When there is on a red-hot hoe, it is not grasped.
65. Whenever I work hard for other people, I always sleep on an empty stomach.
66. Where there is a friend, one does not have to call, he will come of his own accord.
67. Who suffers from diarrhea, is not afraid of the dark.
68. Words in conversation are like beans, one breaks them off where they are ripe.
69. Work is good provided you do not forget to live.
70. You do not teach a giraffe to run.
71. You take a bull by the horns and a man by his words.
72. Young man, countries practice witchcraft on one another.
73. Your friend, one doesn't stare at his forehead, one stares at his stomach.