51 Chinese Proverbs about EvenAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Even
1. A chicken is hatched even from such a well-sealed thing as an egg.
2. A man need never revenge himself; the body of his enemy will be brought to his own door.
3. Curse your wife at evening, sleep alone at night.
4. Even a hare will bite when it is cornered.
5. He who seeks revenge should remember to dig two graves.
6. In his decision the judge with seven reasons gives only one in court.
7. Temptation wrings integrity even as the thumbscrew twists a man's fingers.
8. The court official in one life has seven rebirths as a beggar.
9. The evening crowns the days.
10. Those who despise money will eventually sponge on their friends.
11. We forget even incense in easy times; come hard times, we embrace the Buddha's feet.
12. With money one may command devils; without it, one cannot even summon a man.
13. Without rice, even the cleverest housewife cannot cook.
14. You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.
15. A dog shows affection even to a poor family.
16. A good breakfast cannot take the place of the evening meal.
17. A moment of patience can prevent a great disaster and a moment of impatience can ruin a whole life.
18. A satisfied man is happy even if he is poor; a dissatisfied man is sad even if he is rich.
19. A woman gets thirty percent of her beauty from nature and seventy percent from makeup.
20. Even a big elephant can be caught in one female hair.
Proverbs about Even
Quotes related to Even by Power Quotations