20 Chinese Proverbs about FriendsAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Friends
1. A thousand cups of wine do not suffice when true friends meet, but half a sentence is too much when there is no meeting of minds.
2. Ceremony is the smoke of friendship.
3. Dogs have so many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.
4. Farewell and be hanged; friends must part.
5. Have but few friends though much acquaintance.
6. Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends whom we choose.
7. Love is blind, friendship closes its eyes.
8. Those who despise money will eventually sponge on their friends.
9. Yellow gold is plentiful compared to white-haired friends.
10. A man should choose a friend who is better than himself. There are plenty of acquaintances in the world; but very few real friends.
11. I have money, you have money; so we are friends.
12. If you have money and wine, your friends will be many.
13. It is easier to visit your friends than to live with them.
14. Make friends with what is good in a man and not his goods.
15. The wise man learns more from his enemies than a fool does from his friends.
16. With true friends . . . even water drunk together is sweet enough.
17. It is easier to visit friends than to live with them.
18. Books speak to the mind, friends to the heart, heaven to the soul, all else to the ears.
19. Friendship between gentlemen appears indifferent but is pure like water.
20. If you want to know someone's character, look at the friends he keeps.
Proverbs about Friends
Quotes related to Friends by Power Quotations