40 Chinese Proverbs about GreatAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Great
1. A single beam cannot support a great house.
2. Great blessings come from heaven; small blessings come from man.
3. Great boast, small roast.
4. Great business is good; to sit and sip this glass is better.
5. Great cry and little wool, as the fellow said when he sheared his hogs.
6. Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes.
7. In the midst of great joy do not promise to give a man anything; in the midst of great anger do not answer a man's letter.
8. Laws control the lesser man; right conduct controls the greater one.
9. Nature, time and patience are the three great physicians.
10. Small men think they are small; great men never know they are great.
11. The great question is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with failure.
12. A great fortune depends on luck, a small one on diligence.
13. A mans greatest shortcoming is that he neglects his own field and weeds that of others.
14. A moment of patience can prevent a great disaster and a moment of impatience can ruin a whole life.
15. A truly great man never puts away the simplicity of a child.
16. Even ugly faces are worth looking at -- and that is a great comfort for most people.
17. Great doubts deep wisdom. Small doubts little wisdom.
18. Great people give it with reproaches.
19. Great things can be reduced to small things, and small things can be reduced to nothing.
20. One measures the towers by their shadows and great people by those who envy them.
Proverbs about Great
Quotes related to Great by Power Quotations