10 Chinese Proverbs about HalfAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Half
1. A thousand cups of wine do not suffice when true friends meet, but half a sentence is too much when there is no meeting of minds.
2. A courtesy much entreated is half recompensed.
3. A person with a bad name is already half-hanged.
4. Do not allow the sheep to die for a halfpenny of tar.
5. The first half of the night, think of your own faults; the second half, the faults of others.
6. Think about your own faults during the first half of the night, and the faults of others during the second half.
7. The first blow is half the battle.
8. To tell only half the truth is to give life to a new lie.
9. A full bottle makes no sound; a half-bottle sloshes around.
10. Drinking with a bosom friend, a thousand shots are too few; Talking with a disagreeable person, half a sentence is too many.
Proverbs about Half
Quotes related to Half by Power Quotations