74 Chinese Proverbs about OtherAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Other
1. When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.
2. The man who comes with a tale about others has himself an ax to grind.
3. A dog won't forsake his master because of poverty; a son never deserts his mother because of her homely appearance.
4. A man must despise himself before others will.
5. A man must make himself despicable before he is despised by others.
6. Behind an able man there are always other able men.
7. Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
8. He comes with incense in one hand, in the other a spear.
9. If a string has one end, then it has another end.
10. Know thyself to know others, for heart beats like heart.
11. Large demands on oneself and little demands on others keep resentment at bay.
12. Make sure you leave some fat for the other side.
13. Married couples tell each other a thousand things without speech.
14. Married couples who love each other tell each other a thousand things without talking.
15. One cannot manage too many affairs; like pumpkins in water, one pops up while you try to hold down the other.
16. One generation plants the trees, another gets the shade.
17. Some prefer carrots while others like cabbage.
18. Teaching others teacheth yourself.
19. The first half of the night, think of your own faults; the second half, the faults of others.
20. The man who comes with a talk about others has himself an ax to grind.
Proverbs about Other
Quotes related to Other by Power Quotations