18 Chinese Proverbs about RiverAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about River
1. A bird can roost but on one branch, a mouse can drink not more than its fill from a river.
2. Do not insult the crocodile until you've crossed the river.
3. Enough shovels of earth make a mountain, enough pails of water a river.
4. Rivers and mountains may change; human nature, never.
5. You must have crossed the river before you may tell the crocodile he has bad breath.
6. Enough shovels of earth -- a mountain. Enough pails of water -- a river.
7. It is no good going to the river just wanting to catch a fish; you have to take a net as well.
8. Quiet rivers have flowery banks.
9. Though all rivers flow into it, the sea never overflows.
10. Only the man who crosses the river at night knows the value of the light of day.
11. A bird cannot roost but on one branch. a mouse can drink no more than its fill from a river.
12. A buddha made of mud crossing a river cannot protect even himself.
13. It takes more than one cold day for a river to freeze three feet deep.
14. Time is like a river - it flows by and doesn't return.
15. It is too late for a galloping horse to stop at a clip; it is useless for a sinking boat to be mended in the middle of a river.
16. Living at a river, one comes to know the nature of the fish therein; Dwelling by a mountain, one learns to recognize the language of the birds thereupon.
17. One who walks along a river frequently cannot avoid getting his shoes wet.
18. Watch the fire burn on the other side of the river.
Proverbs about River
Quotes related to River by Power Quotations