36 Chinese Proverbs about WantAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Want
1. If you don't want anyone to know, don't do it.
2. A hasty man never wants woe.
3. Covet wealth, and want it; don't, and luck will grant it.
4. If you want an audience, start a fight.
5. Want a thing long enough, and you don't.
6. When you want to test the depths of a stream, don't use both feet.
7. You want no one to know it? Then don't do it.
8. He who wants to be a dragon must eat many little snakes.
9. If a rat wants to die it bites a cat's tail.
10. If you don't want to be cheated, ask the price at three shops.
11. If you want dinner, don't insult the cook.
12. If you want to go up in the world, veil ambition with the forms of humanity.
13. It is no good going to the river just wanting to catch a fish; you have to take a net as well.
14. Lazy people always want to do everything at the same time.
15. Never do anything that you want to remain a secret.
16. Our wishes are like little children -- the more you indulge the more they want from you.
17. Some people want to be praised for the rest of their lives for what they have done well for one day.
18. The dragon teaches you that if you want to climb high you have to do it against the wind.
19. The human heart is never satisfied, just like the snake that wants to swallow an elephant.
20. Whoever buys a house must examine the beams; whoever wants a wife must look at her mother.
Proverbs about Want
Quotes related to Want by Power Quotations