13 Chinese Proverbs about WineAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Wine
1. A thousand cups of wine do not suffice when true friends meet, but half a sentence is too much when there is no meeting of minds.
2. If you see in your wine the reflection of a person not in your range of vision, don't drink it.
3. No melon-peddler cries: Bitter melons. No wine-dealer says: Sour wine.
4. Not wine . . . men intoxicate themselves; not vice . . . men entice themselves.
5. If you have money and wine, your friends will be many.
6. Just as a medicine may not cure a serious illness, wine will certainly not dispel your grief.
7. No melon peddler cries, "Bitter melons." No wine dealer says, "Sour wine."
8. Pleasure for one hour, a bottle of wine. Pleasure for one year a marriage; but pleasure for a lifetime, a garden.
9. Three glasses of wine end a hundred quarrels.
10. Wine does not intoxicate a man -- a man intoxicates himself.
11. Ask no favors and people everywhere are affable; if you don't drink, it doesn't matter what price wine is.
12. Better to drink the weak tea of a friend than the sweet wine of an enemy.
13. It does not matter if your tavern sits in a remote location so long as the smell of your wine is appealing.
Proverbs about Wine
Quotes related to Wine by Power Quotations