1386 Dutch Proverbs / Page 2
21. A cock is valiant on his own dunghill.
22. A cow-year, a sad year; a bull-year, a glad year.
23. A crown is no cure for the headache.
24. A daily guest is a great thief in the kitchen.
25. A dog with a bone knows no friends.
26. A flag on a mud barge.
27. A flying crow always catches something.
28. A fool and his money are soon parted.
29. A fool by chance may say a wise thing.
30. A fool may chance to say a wise thing.
31. A fool may give a wise man counsel.
32. A fool may meet with good fortune, but the wise only profits by it.
33. A friend at one's back is a safe bridge.
34. A friend is better than money in the purse.
35. A friend's dinner is soon dressed.
36. A good deed is worth gold.
37. A good fire makes a quick cook.
38. A good friend is better than silver and gold.
39. A good horse is worth his fodder.
40. A good name is better than oil.