19 Dutch Proverbs about GainAll Dutch Proverbs | Proverbs about Gain
1. A penny spared is better than a florin gained.
2. As ass does not hit himself twice against the same stone.
3. Cold broth hot again, that loved I never; Old love renew'd again, that loved I ever.
4. Give at first asking what you safely can; 'tis certain gain to help an honest man.
5. He is no merchant who always gains.
6. He must gape wide who would gape against an oven.
7. He that complies against his will is of his own opinion still.
8. It is hard to swim against the stream.
9. It is ill sailing against wind and tide.
10. Light gains make a heavy purse.
11. Small gains bring great wealth.
12. The friar preached against stealing when he had a pudding in his sleeve.
13. The monk preached against stealing, and had the good in his larder.
14. There's no making a donkey drink against his will.
15. Time gained, much gained.
16. Who reckons without his host must reckon again.
17. Who spits against the wind, fouls his beard.
18. Set hard heart against hard hap.
19. It is hard to swim against the current.
Proverbs about Gain
Quotes related to Gain by Power Quotations