16 Dutch Proverbs about HighAll Dutch Proverbs | Proverbs about High
1. After high floods come low ebbs.
2. Grass grows not upon the highway.
3. He that buildeth upon the highway hath many advisers.
4. Hew not too high, lest a chip fall in thine eye.
5. High trees give more shadow than fruit.
6. High winds blow on high hills.
7. It is ill takin' the breeks off a highlandman.
8. The price of a laugh is too high, if it is raised at the expense of another.
9. When apes climb high, they show their naked rumps.
10. When misery is highest help is nighest.
11. A bird never flew so high but it had to come to the ground for food.
12. The cost is high of the honey that must be licked from thorns.
13. The higher the mountain the lower the valley, the taller the tree the harder the fall.
14. Not wearing a high cap of someone.
15. High trees catch lots of wind.
16. Deep swimmers and high climbers usually don't die in their beds.
Proverbs about High
Quotes related to High by Power Quotations