20 Dutch Proverbs about LoveAll Dutch Proverbs | Proverbs about Love
1. Cold broth hot again, that loved I never; Old love renew'd again, that loved I ever.
2. Forbear a quarrel with a friend to move: anger breeds hatred; concord sweetens love.
3. Forced love does not last.
4. He that loves his child chastises him.
5. I wot well how the world wags, He is most loved that hath most bags.
6. It's good to be off wi' the old love Before ye be on wi' the new.
7. Love makes labour light.
8. Love makes the world go round.
9. Love others well, but love thyself the most; give good for good, but not to thine own cost.
10. One does it for love, another for honour, a third for money.
11. Self-love is blind.
12. Self-love nobody else's love.
13. Supple as a glove.
14. When Want comes in at the door, Love flies out at the window.
15. Where poverty comes in at the door, loves flies out at the window.
16. Who travels for love finds a thousand miles not longer than one.
17. An old coachman loves the crack of the whip.
18. Love makes labor light.
19. Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.
20. Who writes love letters grows thin; who carries them, fat.
Proverbs about Love
Quotes related to Love by Power Quotations