17 English Proverbs about PlayAll English Proverbs | Proverbs about Play
1. The cat has nine lives: three for playing, three for straying, three for staying.
2. There's many a good tune played on an old fiddle.
3. When the cat's away, the mice will play.
4. The cat has nine lives: three for playing, three for straying, three for staying.
5. All work and no play makes Jack filthy rich.
6. Give and take is fair play.
7. While the cat is away, the mice will play.
8. You lose some... and you win some... and some you don't even bother to play.
9. All work and no play make Jack a dull body.
10. When the cat is away, the mice will play.
11. If you play with fire you get burnt.
12. It takes great wisdom to play the fool.
13. Eat leeks in march, garlic in may, all the rest of the year the doctors may play.
14. The brains of a fox will be of little service if you play with the paw of a lion.
15. Children and fools must not play with edged tools.
16. He that plays with cats must expect to be scratched.
17. Many can pack the cards that cannot play.
Proverbs about Play
Quotes related to Play by Power Quotations