44 Ethiopia Proverbs / Page 2
21. He who learns, teaches.
22. He who wants to barter, usually knows what is best for him.
23. If relatives help each other, what evil can hurt them?
24. If the heart is sad, tears will flow.
25. If you offend, ask for pardon; if offended, forgive.
26. One scoops with a scoop.
27. One who recovers from sickness, forgets about God.
28. One who runs alone cannot be outrun.
29. Restless feet may walk into a snake pit.
30. She who does not yet know how to walk, cannot climb a ladder.
31. Snake at your feet - a stick at your hand!
32. The cattle is as good as the pasture in which it grazes.
33. The dog I bought, bit me; the fire I kindled, burned me.
34. The fool speaks, the wise man listens.
35. The frog wanted to be as big as the elephant, and burst.
36. The witness of a rat is another rat.
37. There is no one who became rich because he broke a holiday, and no one who became fat because he broke a fast.
38. To one who does not know, a small garden is a forest.
39. Unless you call out, who will open the door?
40. What is inflated too much, will burst into fragments.