191 Ethiopian Proverbs / Page 2
21. A man who is too modest goes hungry.
22. A melancholic look is visible but not a melancholic heart.
23. A mouse that wants to die goes to sniff the cat's nose.
24. A partner in the business will not put an obstacle to it.
25. A powerful friend becomes a powerful enemy.
26. A prtner in the buisness will not put an obstacle to it.
27. A shameless person has no sense of shame at all.
28. A silly daughter teaches her mother how to bear children.
29. A single stick may smoke, but it will not burn.
30. A too modest man goes hungry.
31. Advise and counsel him; if he does not listen, let adversity teach him.
32. After the hyena has gone, the dog barks.
33. An eye and a friend are quickly hurt.
34. An overly modest man goes hungry.
35. Anticipate the good so that you may enjoy it.
36. As the wound inflames the finger, so the thought inflames the mind.
37. Because he killed his wife he took shelter with his in-laws.
38. Better an egg this year than a chicken next year.
39. By persevering the egg walks on legs.
40. Cactus is bitter only to him who tastes it.