17 French Proverbs about AwayAll French Proverbs | Proverbs about Away
1. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
2. Fair things are soon snatched away.
3. Good watching drives away ill-luck.
4. His like Jean de Nivelle's dog, that runs away when he is called.
5. It is easier to get away from the back than the bottom.
6. Love makes time pass away, and time makes love pass away.
7. Misfortune comes on horseback and goes away on foot.
8. Take away fuel, take away flame.
9. Take away my good name, take away my life.
10. The richest man carries nothing away with him but a shroud.
11. Who draws his sword against his prince must throw away his scabbard.
12. Whosoever draws his sword against the prince must throw the scabbard away.
13. Words are the leaves of the tree of language, of which, if some fall away, a new succession takes their place.
14. When the cat's away the mice will play.
15. Drop by drop wears away the stone.
16. When the devil finds the door shut he goes away.
17. The great thieves lead away the little thieves.
Proverbs about Away
Quotes related to Away by Power Quotations