18 French Proverbs about DoorAll French Proverbs | Proverbs about Door
1. A door must either be open or shut.
2. A silver hammer breaks an iron door.
3. Don't shut the barn door after the horse is stolen.
4. Every one should sweep before his own door.
5. He who listens at doors hears more than he desires.
6. He who wishes to make a golden door drives a nail into it every day.
7. Hunger looks in at the industrious man's door but dares not enter.
8. One must pass through the door or the window.
9. The devil is not always at a poor man's door.
10. When a cow is lost it is something to recover its tail, were it only to make a handle for one's door.
11. When the door is low one must stoop.
12. Opportunity never knocks twice at any man's door.
13. It is too late to lock the stable door when the steed is stolen.
14. He knocks boldly at the door who brings good news.
15. When the devil finds the door shut he goes away.
16. One beggar at the door is enough.
17. It's a big wind that blows on small doors.
18. To contradict means sometimes to knock at the door to see if anyone is at home.
Proverbs about Door
Quotes related to Door by Power Quotations