33 French Proverbs about WantAll French Proverbs | Proverbs about Want
1. If you want the truth, ask a child.
2. A good head does not want for hats.
3. A man who wants bread is ready for anything.
4. A man who wants to drown his dog says he is mad.
5. A woman and a ship ever want mending.
6. Do you want better bread than wheaten?
7. Everything goes to him who does not want it.
8. He who dispraises a thing, wants to buy it.
9. He who wants to be rich in a year is hanged at six months' end.
10. He who wants to travel far takes care of his beast.
11. He will not lose his oats for want of braying.
12. Money is lost only for want of money.
13. Pray, pray very much; but beware of telling God what you want.
14. See a pin and let it lie, you'll want a pin before you die.
15. Snarling curs never want sore ears.
16. Snivelling folks always want to wipe other folks' noses.
17. The abbey does not fail for want on one monk.
18. The wit one wants spoils what one has.
19. To want to forget something is to remember it.
20. Every age wants its playthings.
Proverbs about Want
Quotes related to Want by Power Quotations