343 Hebrew Proverbs / Page 2
21. A person can understand things deeply through proverbs.
22. A person is always responsible: if his act was accidental or intentional, whether he was awake or asleep.
23. A person slow to anger has great understanding; one with a quick temper exalts foolishness.
24. A person worries about the past, is upset about the present, and fears the future.
25. A pointed proverb is like a diamond: it emits light, and it also cuts.
26. A quotation at the right moment is like bread to the hungry.
27. A rich man has no need of character.
28. A secret is between two; when a third is involved, it's no secret.
29. A slanderer kills three: himself, his listener, and the person who was slandered.
30. A slave shows his true character, not while he is enslaved but when he becomes a master.
31. A stupidly devout man, the slyly evil, and the sanctimonious woman - these will destroy the world.
32. A visit is like rainwater; you pray for it when it stays away and its a problem when it rains too much.
33. A wedding is like a funeral, but with musicians.
34. A wise son makes his father happy; a foolish one grieves his mother.
35. A woman prefers poverty with love to wealth without love.
36. A young tree bends, an old tree breaks.
37. Adam was the luckiest of men: he had no mother-in-law.
38. Admission by the defendant is worth a hundred witnesses.
39. All jews are responsible, one for another.
40. All kinds of hellish devils rule an angry person.