32 Hindu Proverbs / Page 2
21. There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.
22. These three take crooked ways: carts, boats, and musicians.
23. They who give have all things; they who withhold have nothing.
24. Those who give have all things; those who withhold have nothing.
25. To give quickly is a great virtue.
26. True happiness consists in making others happy.
27. Wash your hands in the flowing Ganges.
28. Waste makes want.
29. Waste not want not.
30. When a camel is at the foot of a mountain then judge of his height.
31. When an elephant is in trouble even a frog will kick him.
32. Whose stick, his buffalo.