18 Hungarian Proverbs about BetterAll Hungarian Proverbs | Proverbs about Better
1. Better dry bread in peacetime than meat in wartime.
2. Better to fear than to be frightened.
3. It is better to give than to receive.
4. Even you are not better than the linen of Deak's wife.
5. It is better to fear, something than to get frightened.
6. Better to return from half-way than to take a wrong road.
7. It is better to get fillers often than forints seldom.
8. An empty barrel sounds better.
9. You'd better have one hundred who envy you than one who is sorry for you.
10. It is better to ask twice than to err once.
11. The wheel turns better if greased.
12. Better late than never.
13. A living dog is better than a dead lion.
14. The horse that draws better is beaten.
15. The worse it is, in one respect, the better, in another respect.
16. A good neighbour is better than many bad kinsmen.
17. Something is better than nothing.
18. Better a sparrow today than a bustard tomorrow.
Proverbs about Better
Quotes related to Better by Power Quotations